Alvarez Contractors, Inc. is a heavy utility contractor specializing in the construction of water and wastewater treatment facilities, underground utility installation and site work.
A few of ACI’s credentials:
- A West Virginia based company since 1983
- A full service general contractor
- Self-perform the majority of the work
- Experienced management and estimating team
- Skilled team of project managers, equipment operators, carpenters, pipe layers and laborers
- Wide range of heavy equipment to perform a diverse array of services
- Safety program with incident rates well below the national average
- Active member of the Association of General Contractors (AGC) and the Contractors Association of West Virginia (CAWV)
This week, ACI is participating in OSHA’s National Fall Protection Safety Stand-Down Campaign. This is our second year participating in the program, in an effort to raise awareness about the high incident rate of fall safety related injuries on the job. Our focus is on educating our employees about safe work practices for fall prevention, especially ladder safety, lift safety, wearing proper PPE, policies and procedures, as well as other areas.
Educational materials are posted around the jobsites and toolbox talks will be performed, in addition to hazard inspections and analyses, PPE demonstrations and review of our fall protection policy.
ACI won the CAWV’s 2015 Safety Achievement Award for the Utility Division, less than 50,000 man-hours category. This is the third consecutive year ACI has won the award and it shows our continued dedication to making safety a top priority in all of our operations.
Thanks to the CAWV for recognizing our efforts and commitment to safety!
ACI won the 2014 Safety Achievement Award for the second year in a row!
Awarded by the Contractors Association of WV, ACI won in the Utility Division for less than 50,000 manhours.
Check out the March/April edition of CAWV’s West Virginia Construction News for details:
The Lewisburg Water Treatment Plant Project is featured in the May/June 2014 issue of West Virginia Construction News, an official publication of the Contractors Association of WV. Thanks to the CAWV for a great write-up on the project!
Check out the links below to view the article:
The Contractors Association of West Virginia recently awarded us the 2013 Safety Achievement Award for the Utility category, less than 50,000 manhours!
Katie Alvarez, Safety Director of Alvarez Contractors, Inc.