Alvarez Contractors, Inc. (ACI) is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
ACI’s diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
Alvarez Contractors, Inc. is a heavy utility contractor specializing in the construction of water and wastewater treatment facilities, underground utility installation and site work.
A few of ACI’s credentials:
- A West Virginia based company since 1983
- A full service general contractor
- Self-perform the majority of the work
- Experienced management and estimating team
- Skilled team of project managers, equipment operators, carpenters, pipe layers and laborers
- Wide range of heavy equipment to perform a diverse array of services
- Safety program with incident rates well below the national average
- Active member of the Association of General Contractors (AGC) and the Contractors Association of West Virginia (CAWV)
This week, ACI is participating in OSHA’s National Fall Protection Safety Stand-Down Campaign. This is our second year participating in the program, in an effort to raise awareness about the high incident rate of fall safety related injuries on the job. Our focus is on educating our employees about safe work practices for fall prevention, especially ladder safety, lift safety, wearing proper PPE, policies and procedures, as well as other areas.
Educational materials are posted around the jobsites and toolbox talks will be performed, in addition to hazard inspections and analyses, PPE demonstrations and review of our fall protection policy.
ACI won the CAWV’s 2015 Safety Achievement Award for the Utility Division, less than 50,000 man-hours category. This is the third consecutive year ACI has won the award and it shows our continued dedication to making safety a top priority in all of our operations.
Thanks to the CAWV for recognizing our efforts and commitment to safety!
ACI won the 2014 Safety Achievement Award for the second year in a row!
Awarded by the Contractors Association of WV, ACI won in the Utility Division for less than 50,000 manhours.
Check out the March/April edition of CAWV’s West Virginia Construction News for details:
Click to access WVCN%20Mar%20Apr%202015%20for%20WEB.pdf
The Lewisburg Water Treatment Plant Project is featured in the May/June 2014 issue of West Virginia Construction News, an official publication of the Contractors Association of WV. Thanks to the CAWV for a great write-up on the project!
Check out the links below to view the article:
Click to access Upload%20for%20web.pdf
The Contractors Association of West Virginia recently awarded us the 2013 Safety Achievement Award for the Utility category, less than 50,000 manhours!
Katie Alvarez, Safety Director of Alvarez Contractors, Inc.